Friday, July 20, 2012

The Coast(er) is Clear!

Today's project...make your own coasters from free paint samples!  It was inspired by this pin.  It was very easy.


So you'll need the following
  • Clear Acrylic Gloss Coating
  • Mod Podge (I had matte, but I'd suggest buying the glossy kind)
  • Tiles (I bought mine at Lowe's for .77/piece)
  • Paint Sample Cards (Free at Lowe's..the ones at Walmart are only about half as wide).

I chose the paint samples with the words on them, but then I found some that were just solid colors as well.


First, I trimmed a little off the right side of the cards, because it was curved and I didn't want to fight with gluing them down.  Then I cut a little off the top until it fit on the card correctly, then glued it down with the mod podge.



After I glued it down, I put something heavy on top (thanks for the jewelry box dad) and left it there for about thirty minutes.

Then, just paint the glue over it.  I did about five really thin coats.  When you paint it, it'll look thick and glue-like.

Cameo from Jordan's toddler table, lolz




Once they dry completely



spray the acrylic gloss coating and let that dry completely as well.  

That's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment