Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Hooked

So today we have to do a "craft type project."  I chose to do this pin, and when I clicked on it for how-to instructions, the pin was gone!  Don'tcha hate that?  So I'm posting this blog so it'll never happen to one of you pinners ever again!




First, you'll need to assemble your items.


  • A board...it doesn't have to be pretty, we're covering it up.
  • Glue (I used Tacky Glue because it's strong and it's what I had)
  • Fabric (I purchased 1/3 yard for $1.64 at Hobby Lobby, it was 30% off)
  • Hooks (I also bought these at Hobby Lobby, they were $1.99)
  • Ribbon (if you so choose)

Next, cut the fabric to fit, like so:



Then get to glue-ing.  Think.....wrapping a present.  Pause for gratuitous use of glue right here!  Oops.



I cut a little off the edges because I wanted a really tight fit, then I tucked it under and glued the sides so the fabric had something to stick to.


Step One Complete!



Then I let the glue dry.  I gave it a little help by putting something heavy on it.  I let mine dry for about an hour because I had an errand to run.  It's dry when the glue is clear.

Next you'll need to adhere your ribbon.  Since my ribbon was rope-like, I ultimately ended up just tying it in a knot, which (surprisingly) worked great. 





Next....you need to attach the screws.  This was HARD because the wood I bought wasn't some cheap plywood type, it was the wood that plaques are made from.  So, I came up with this trick and you are SO WELCOME.  I just screwed in a real screw the size of the hooks, then screwed in the hooks.  Simple!  GENIUS.



Next, I attached a hook to hang it by (from my rarely used picture hanging kit). 
Jordan wanted to help.


And that's it!  Hope you enjoyed this one, it was very easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment